The USA was formed as representative democracy. A ”government of the people, by the people, for the people”.
That our government no longer cares what its people think is obvious to almost anyone. It has ceased to be our government and is now bought and paid for by corporations and wealthy elites. The deck is stacked and systems in place to protect the rich and powerful.
America has ceased to be a representative democracy. As shown by a Princeton study, ”economic elites and organized groups representing business interests have substantial independent impacts on US government policy, while mass-based interest groups and average citizens have little or no independent influence”.
Revolution99 is here to help take back our democracy and restore a democratic nation that is for the people. We will do whatever is necessary to wrestle control back from the establishment and make government responsive to its citizens.
We will fight to reform our government by working to:
- End rigged elections
- Eliminate money in politics
- Defend and expand voting rights
- Establish publicly funded campaigns
- Break up banks and mega corporations that control our politics
- Promote a truly independent media that is not influenced by corporate control
- Support issues that are important to the 99%
In a system that heavily favors the 1% we intend to fight a guerrilla media war to take back our government.
The time for revolution is now!